Thursday, April 12, 2012

American Idol Top 7



I can't believe we will be down to 6 contestants after tonight's results. Speaking of results, my best guess for who is going home this week is Hollie. I really like her, but she's not showing any improvement. She is not comfortable on stage and therefore is not able to perform at the same level as the other contestants.

Bottom 3 is hard to pick this week. Definitely Hollie. Maybe Skylar. Hopefully Elise since I am not feeling her at all. The only performance of hers that I liked was 2 weeks ago. She seems to have too many different sounds coming out of her mouth during each song - I can't tell which is her normal singing voice.

Last night's performances were all pretty good. I liked Colton, but I didn't love him like I usually do. His voice is amazing and I would totally buy his album when it comes out (because I expect him to have a real singing career.) I'd love to hear more of his original stuff.

I liked Phillip, but I didn't lurve him. But I want to lurve him. I NEED to lurve him. I like when he sings more and growls less - his voice is quite nice. I liked his part of the duet with Elise. He sounded pretty good.

Skylar was pretty good. I can actually see her having a career in country music. She'd do well I think.

I'm glad Joshua sang an upbeat song. It was alright.

Jessica was alright too. I don't know if I liked her 'performance' since she seemed to be playing acting instead of just singing.

Skylar Laine, "Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You"
Colton Dixon, "Love the Way You Lie"
Jessica Sanchez, "Stuttering"
Joshua Ledet, "Runaway Baby"
Hollie Cavanagh, "Perfect"
Phillip Phillips, "Give a Little More"
Elise Testone, "You and I"

I am excited to see James Durbin tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment