Wednesday, May 25, 2011

American Idol Finale



Scotty goes first and sings ”Gone” by Montgomery Gentry. Nice performance again.

Lauren chooses ”Flat on the Floor” by Carrie Underwood. You can tell her voice is not 100 percent.

George Strait (Who I really love) picks his own song ”Check Yes or No” for Scotty. Scotty sings it well but it doesn't seem like he is really into the song. Is he not feeling it?

Carrie Underwood picks "Maybe It Was Memphis" by Pam Tillis for Lauren. She sings it well.

Scotty gets to sing ”I Love You This Big” - which sounds suspiciously like "I Love You This Much" by Jimmy Wayne. Hmmmm, I wonder who wrote this new song? Scotty still doesn't seem that into the song. It was just okay.

Then Lauren sings ”Like My Mother Does”. What, is she going to dress and act like a teenager like her mother does? Oh, Lauren has to go into the audience to hug her crying mother. Milk it. It's a little over the top performance to me, as the camera keeps going back to show her crying mother. So this is the big moment of the night. The 2 contestants aren't on equal footing with those 2 songs.

The whole show went by pretty fast. No time for reflection or chatting. And it was all just weird. Did anyone else think it was weird? It feels like the whole Lauren lost her voice uproar an hour before showtime was a blatant attempt to get sympathy votes. Lauren looked sheepish during and after her performances. Scotty wasn't his usual smiling self. He was more reserved and seemed resigned to taking a backseat to Lauren. Could this have all been planned? I have to wonder.

Who do I think should win? James Durbin.
Who do I think WILL win? Scotty. Or Lauren. No, Scotty. Definitely Scotty. Be sure to tune in to tonight's result show to see just how wrong I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment