Wednesday, April 20, 2011

And then there were 7... American Idol


Scotty - Chose 'Swingin' by Lee Ann Rimes. Although he's really singing more like the John Anderson version from the 80's. I second what Randy and Jennifer said about him choosing a different song. This is way too safe.

James does 'Uprising' by Muse. What a great song. I heart Muse. I'm glad he sang this. He is singing and performing wonderfully!!! Go James. Those high notes are killing me. I love this performance.

Haley is singing 'Rolling In The Deep' by Adelle. Good song. Oh my, please don't shoot me, and I can't believe I am actually saying this....but I like it. Gasp. Maybe this is a residual 'like' from last week when her and Casey sang together on results night. I thought she sounded good then. Oh no. Who will I place in the bottom 3 tonight???

Jacob is singing another Luther Vandross song. This time it's 'Dance With My Father'. I'm not feeling this one. I'm not a big Jacob fan, so maybe it's just me, but I don't like it.

Casey sings 'Harder To Breathe' by Maroon 5. It's pretty good. I like how it starts. I liked it through the middle, but towards the end he goes all Casey and gets a little goofy. Overall it's pretty good.

Stefano is singing 'Closer' by Ne-Yo. I'm not too familiar with the song, but Stefano is putting on a good show. My daughter and I like it, my husband can't stand it... my daughter doesn't understand how dad doesn't like it, so I tell her Stefano doesn't have the same effect on guys as he does us girls. LOL.

Lauren sings 'Born To Fly'by Sara Evans... I'm not a big fan of Sara Evans, so it's not my favorite song. Lauren sings it very well though.

Bottom 3? Egads I have no idea. Jacob... Haley, and Stefano. Maybe. I just don't know this week.

1 comment:

  1. Um, it's 3:00 PM on the East Coast, and unless I'm missing something, I'm the *first* person to respond to this post? (I must be missing something!)

    I was sad to see Stefano go. I think he had really come into his own over the past few weeks. Fifteen of zap2it.com's panel of 30 Idol "experts" predicted that Stefano would be the one to go; 11 voted for Jacob. Creepy how well they called it. I just stumbled across the site yesterday. I'm going to check them out each Thursday to see if they continue to be on target.

    Scotty is my boy, but he is going to have to take it up a notch next week.

    We seem to have different tastes in reading material, so I don't have any recommendations for you. But I believe in keeping an open mind, so I'll have to check out some of your favorites!

    Best wishes to everyone for a joyous holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete