Thursday, March 17, 2011

American Idol - Songs From The Year They Were Born

Let me start by saying that last week my husband had to work on performance night. When he got home he asked my daughter and I who sucked tonight? We told him it was Ashton. We got that one right. Let's see how we do the remainder of this season.

Last night had some okay performances. My favs were (of course) James,who sounded good singing Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You". Steven told him not to get too 'poppy'. Huh? I thought he was going to say not to get too 'cocky' which would have made more sense. I didn't think he sounded poppy at all.

Scotty sang Travis Tritt's "Can I trust you with my heart" and he sounded great going for the higher notes. He is one that would have no trouble getting a recording contract if he left Idol. As for his song choices, I would love to hear him sing Chris Young or Wade Hayes. He would sound great singing any of their songs.

Casey got a little too growly and angry (?) singing Nirvana. It was good up to a point, then it all fell away. But I still like him as an overall performer.

Stefano actually sounded pretty good. That's my daughter's pick.

I wish Paul McDonald would sing louder. His voice is okay sometimes, and he sounded good for most of "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" (I love that song). But he needs to sing louder because sometimes he is so soft I can't tell if he's any good at all.

Everyone else was just alright last night. Kind of forgettable. My pick for who is leaving this week? Naima Adedapo. I know she is Steven's favorite, but she was off again last night. That's 2 weeks in a row and it's time to go.

On a funny note, after Haley Reinhart sang and I saw the lipstick on her chin, I wondered if anyone would tell her or point it out... LOL when Ryan ran over with a hankie and tried to wipe her off!!

The judges really need to get more real. Even Randy isn't being harsh when it's needed. Simon was sometimes too harsh, but his criticisms were meant the help the performer get better. Or point out how terrible they were!! Time to stop being nice, stop saying nice things about your favorites when they are terrible, and start giving better feedback on the performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment