Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm normally a law-abiding citizen...



However, I may have been breaking the law recently. I knew that. It's not beyond my knowledge. Sum*mit Ent.'s legal department contacted Etsy and had my items removed. It seems Sum*mit owns the copyright to every word, name, and/or phrase that is even slightly related to the Twi-light series. AND they own EVERY photo of everyone who is in the movie series. Hmph.

Here's the kicker: I'm not supposed to talk about this (oops) and I am not allowed to ask Etsy why items that are the same or similar to mine are still on Etsy. Sum*mit must think I'm a big fish since they are going after me. Not that you can't type "Twi-light" in the search box at Etsy and find hundreds of other sellers doing the same thing as me. I feel special for being singled out.

1 comment:

  1. Awww that sucks! I was wondering where all your twilight pouches went. It's not fair for them to single you out either! Well, I'm happy to be able to have some of your twilight stuff before they were gone :)

    ReplyDelete